Tuesday, August 24, 2010

this is not camp food


Six weeks in Montana has seriously raised my tolerance for country music. Fuck, my brother would be so disapproving. I love love love the mountains, but I grew up on an island, so I want beach days too. Can't find too much seafood in the middle of the country, although technically salmon are anadromous (live in the ocean and reproduce in freshwater).

Salmon zucchini fritters

1 1/4 lb salmon
1 medium zucchini, shredded
2-3 scallions, chopped
1 Tblsp. mayonnaise
1 tsp. mustard
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup (fresh) breadcrumbs
salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. For best results, refrigerate 1/2 an hour or more, so cakes will be easier to shape. Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a large pan. Hand shape the salmon cakes into small patties, and cook in oil until browned (3-5 minutes on one side, then 2-3 minutes on the other).

1 comment:

  1. I do disapprove, Gab. But I approve of how delicious this looks. I also approve of cursing.

    ReplyDelete