Wednesday, February 17, 2010

In the kitchen


All the best things in the world happen in the kitchen. I've cried in the kitchen more than one time, I laugh in my kitchen as often as possible, I've been angry and hungry and excited in the kitchen, I've had sex in the kitchen (sorry Mom!).

Let's just say there's a reason why the kitchen is always in the center of the house. Magic happens there- food turns into meals turns into family.

No need to be overly corny or sentimental, but I love spending time in the kitchen, and if the Crying Kitchen gives me an excuse to do so more, then I'll take it.

So welcome to the beginning. This is the moment when you're standing at the edge of the cold lake waiting to jump in. Sometimes when I'm about to jump I imagine myself diving through the water then coming up as a completely different person.

Welcome to the Crying Kitchen!

1 comment: